Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Necro Day 2

I got a little work done on the rest of my Necro team last night; most of the uniform base coloring, in fact.



The dude on the extreme left is already done; I'm using him as a guide for the rest of 'em. The helmets are still bare because I'm thinking of doing them in reverse colors (green with orange stripes).

I've also finally realized that using the black primer as a shortcut to shading looks like shit in all but the most extreme folds, so I will be going back to solid colors and ink washes for this set. And probably retouching the other lads when I'm done.

Not pictured here is the Werewolf, who is naked and so won't be enjoying uniform colors. I intend to promote him to represent Star Player Wilhelm Chaney once I grab that Willy Miniatures wolf I've been coveting.

4 comments:

Al said...

That is some good progress. ALthough I don't know that I saw a day 1 pic

Other Dave said...

I didn't do a day 1 pic. Those figs were primed, except for one which was already washed.

Watts said...

I am leaving a generic comment of support.

Ian said...

Your comments fail to comment upon the subtext.

That is, the text underneath the miniatures. Dave, are you showing off your cleverness?